Sustainability & Recycling - Electronic Waste
E-Waste Banned from South Carolina Landfills!
As of July 1, 2011 South Carolina residents may not knowingly place or discard a computer, computer monitor, printer or television in any waste stream that is to be disposed of in a solid waste landfill.
Recycling can take the following items as E-Waste:
- Wires/Plugs, CDs, Flashdrives, Discs/Casettes, Small Radios, Speakers, Computer Mice, LEDs, Cell Phones, and PortableMedia Players.
- For state property, contact surplus MUHA 6-7000, UNIV 2-3060
- Follow state procurement laws regarding disposal of state property
- Complete PEA form
- Visit the Hopital Authority Surplus Page.
- To dispose of your home electronics, go to the store you purchased the equipment from
- Find more infotmatio on drop off sites on the Charleston County webpage