Sustainability & Recycling - Sustainable Holiday Tips
Holidays create a lot of extra waste - in fact in the US we generate 5 million extra pounds of waste between Thanksgiving and New Year; this includes three times as much food waste as other times of the year
about the Environmental Benefits of Real Christmas Trees: read here
- For great tips on how to reduce waste go to World Watch or to AASHE blog
- For information on how to recycle just about anything go to Earth 911
- For MUSC Sustainability Coordinator, Christine von Kolnitz Cooley's tips click here
- For more holiday tips: Choose A Tree, Green Gifts, Healthy Food and Reduce Waste
- For the 11/25/2012 Post & Courier article on whether to choose a real or fake tree and a list of local Christmas Tree Farms: click here
- For a printable Energy Check list click here
The MUSC Recycling Office will be closed on Christmas Day (12/25) and on New Year's Day (1/1/2013)
All bins will be serviced within two days of each holiday (either the day before or the day after the holiday) If you need immediate assistance, place your request via the Service Desk: MUHA: 2-5600, UNIV: 2-4111 we will do our best to help you!
The Recycling Team wishes all of you a wonderful holiday and thanks you for recycling!