engineering and facilities
Sustainability & Recycling - Waste Management
Proper waste management is essential to building sustainable and healthy communities.
This involves learning how to responsibly and efficiently handle our resources from cradle to grave.
Always use "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" as a hierarchy for waste management.
Recycling is the reprocessing of materials into new products. It prevents the waste of potentially useful materials,
reduces the consumption of raw materials, reduces energy usage, and saves money on waste disposal. See links below
for information on recycling at MUSC. For recycling services call the Helpdesk at (843) 792 - 4119
Visit the Compost webpage for information on composting and the Vermicompost Project (The Worm building).
- Buy Recycled
- Green Event Planning
- Green Event Guidelines
- Green Event checklist
- Green Purchasing
- Green Holiday Tips
- ROSE room: Reusable Office Supply Exchange Program
- Surplus, University: find used office furniture and equipment
- Surplus, Medical Center: find used office furniture and office/medical equipment
- Moving Tips: information that is handy when you are moving your lab or office
TRASH / LANDFILL
- Dumpster Request : Fill this online form to request a dumpster
- Construction and Demolition waste: how do I recycle C&D waste?