The MUSC Office of Parking Management (OPM) continuously strive to maximize existing parking resources for the benefit of MUSC’s students, employees, and patients. Nevertheless, we know that we will not be able to meet everyone’s needs. The information contained within this document was organized by OPM in an effort to explore the numerous parking and transportation options available to you as a student of MUSC.
Returning students are able to apply for reserved parking assignments during student parking registration held each year in the spring. Returning students and new students who have not made parking arrangements or who are interested in changing their arrangements should consider the following parking options and campus conditions.
Student Registration Schedule
There will be two(2) days for Student Parking Registration for 2016-17 beginning 8:30 a.m. Monday, March 28th to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 29th.
There will be LIVE support daily during registration from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Should you experience any problems at any time during the registration period be sure to call 876-2277. If the problem is after 5 p.m. be sure to leave a message. Any problems not reported will not be considered. Online registration will be available until 5PM on Friday, April 1st; however, LIVE support will only be available for the first 2 days of registration (March 28 - March 29). If you encounter any problems after March 24th, please contact the Parking Management Office at (843)792-3665.
On-Campus Reserved Student Parking
- The on-campus student parking rate is $90.00 per semester
- There are 550 assignments in A-Lot (The Bee Street Garage)
- 44 assignments are available in N-Lot (Cannon & Courtenay)
- 9 assignments are available in O-Lot (compact cars only) (Cannon & Westcott, West)
- 64 assignments are available in P-Lot (Cannon & Westcott, East)
Student Parking Locations
Off-Campus Reserved Student Parking
- The off-campus student parking rate is $75.00 per semester
- There are 42 assignments in AA-LOT (Harborview Tower Drive)
- 125 assignments available in BB-LOT (Lockwood Drive)
Student Parking Locations
The Hagood Commuter Parking System
- Parking in the Hagood Commuter Parking System is free but it is not guaranteed. It is a first-come, first-served parking option.
- Everyone who parks in the Hagood system must register with the Office of Parking Management to obtain an MUSC Hagood hang tag. The University’s Transportation Department provides transportation to campus.
- There are 800 spaces on Fishburne Street across from the Riley Ball Park, 50 spaces on Spring Street between the Howard Johnson and Crosby’s Seafood Market, and 175 spaces on Line Street at Hagood Ave.
- The lot fills up early. If the space availability presents a conflict with your schedule please consider different parking arrangements.
Hagood Park and Ride System
Harper Student Center Parking
Convenient parking is one of the many benefits provided to MUSC employees and students who are members of the Harper Student Center. Please familiarize yourself with the following parking options, and the next time you visit HSC for a workout don’t forget to exercise your privileges. HSC parking.
Additional Parking Options
- You are encouraged to form a carpool.
- If you find that a monthly parking contract is not beneficial, but you do have the need to park on campus occasional, please consider the Occasional Parker Program. This pay-as-you-go program provides an on-campus parking option for employees and students
- Consider riding your bike if you live in the area (available bicycle/motorcycle parking locations).
- Ride CARTA. MUSC employees and students can ride any CARTA bus, including the CARTA EXPRESS, free with their MUSC ID badge. You can check out CARTA and CARTA Express routes and schedules via their website www.ridecarta.com.
Private Parking Locations
There are private parking facilities near Medical University. A list of these facilities is available online, and at the Parking Management Office.
Students are encouraged to read the MUSC Parking and Traffic Regulations document for a better understanding of the parking system, and to ensure a trouble-free parking experience. There is special emphasis placed on the following portion as it relates to the Hagood Parking System.
- MUSC Leases the Fishburne Street Lot from the City of Charleston and “no creative parking” is allowed under our contract. This means no parking at the ends of rows, on sidewalks, or in grassy areas.
- Each space is identified by a concrete wheel stop at the head of the space. If there is no wheel stop, it is not a parking space.
- However, parking is allowed along the tree line on the east side of the parking lot where there are no wheel stops.
Please click here to access the MUSC Traffic and Parking Regulations.
Parking Citation Appeals
City of Charleston parking citations issued on the MUSC Campus may be appealed at the MUSC Office of Parking Management at the following times: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and by special appointment if necessary. Citations issued to patients or patient families may be appealed at any time during the business day.
Student After-Hours Parking Program
The employee after-hours locations, ones that students may use as well as the principal location, the President Street garage, are listed below. The hours of the program for all facilities are 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 24 hours on weekends and major holidays.
- Rutledge Tower garage at Vanderhorst Street and Rutledge Avenue – gates open at 4:30 p.m., hangtag required/obtain from OPM
- President Street garage at President Street and Bee Street – attendant on duty or gates open when attendant leaves
- Bee Street garage at Courtenay Drive and Bee Street – access provisions need to be requested from OPM
- Courtenay Drive garage at Courtenay Drive and Charleston Center Drive – pull ticket to enter
Note: Due to the change to an employee parking facility, the program hours are being adjusted from a 4:00 p.m. entry to agree with the employee after-hours program 4:30 p.m. entry.
|Student services brochure.|
For parking information, contact:
MUSC Office of Parking Management
91 President Street, Second Floor
(843) 792 - 3665
|back to top|