|MANAGE YOUR MUSC ALERT ACCOUNT HERE!|
In an emergency, there are several methods to receive pertinent information:
- MUSC Alert Emergency Notification System: receive emergency notifications including SMS text messaging, voice messaging and email. Go to www.getrave.com/login/musc to enter/update your personal contact information
- Email: Every musc.edu account will promptly receive notifications of emergency situations, no registration necessary
- Desktop Alert: Every MUSC-networked desktop computer will receive a visual alert during an emergency
- MUSC Information Line: (792-MUSC) will be updated with important information regarding emergency situations
- View the Red Ticker: on the MUSC homepage at www.musc.edu
- Tune in: to local television and radio stations
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Mox Mobile App
MUSC is dedicated to alerting its students, faculty, and staff to emergency situations on or near our facilities. We have selected a that specializes in Emergency Notification Systems (Rave). Rave Mobile Security serves over a thousand leading public safety agencies and universities nationwide. Our new Emergency Notification System, still called MUSC Alert, can provide emergency alerts/notifications directly to musc.edu email addresses, personal email addresses and MUSC-networked desktop computers, as well as to your personal land line and cell phone numbers.
WE URGE YOU to update your contact information so we can best contact you in the event of an emergency. While a vendor does provide this service for us, the information you provide will remain confidential to MUSC and will only be used for emergency notifications. For voice notification, please do NOT enter MUSC phone numbers with prefixes 792 or 876.
Please note that if you do not provide your personal contact information, you are acknowledging that you will not receive notifications via your personal modes of communication. If you have any concerns regarding MUSC's emergency notification process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Ritsema at 843-792-8514.