MUSC Radiation Safety Training for Ancillary Workers
The Radiation Safety Office Online Training Course for Ancillary Workers supplements the training workers are required to receive from the licensed user identified on the radioactive material license under which they will be authorized to use radioactive material. The training provided by the licensed user must include instruction regarding the isotopes, experimental protocols and hazards specific to the laboratory in which the radiation worker is employed. Ancillary workers should also review Chapters I and V of the MUSC Radiation Safety Manual.
To receive authorization to use radioactive material in your area you must:
1. Review the Online Training Course for Ancillary Workers
2. Complete the Radiation Safety Test for Ancillary Workers
3. Complete a Training Certificate form
4. Review Chapters I and V of the MUSC Radiation Safety Manual
5. Submit signed copies of the Test and Training Certificate to the Radiation Safety Office
The Radiation Safety Test is accessed through the last slide of the training course.