MUSC Radiation Safety Training for Laboratory Workers
The Radiation Safety Office Online Training Course for Laboratory Workers supplements the training laboratory radiation workers are required to receive from the licensed user identified on the radioactive material license under which they will be authorized to use radioactive material. The training provided by the licensed user must include instruction regarding the isotopes, experimental protocols and hazards specific to the laboratory in which the radiation worker is employed. Laboratory workers should also review Chapters I and V of the MUSC Radiation Safety Manual.
To receive authorization to use radioactive material in your laboratory you must:
1. Review the Online Training Course for Laboratory Workers
2. Complete the Radiation Safety Test for Laboratory Workers
3. Complete a Training Certificate form
4. Review Chapters I and V of the MUSC Radiation Safety Manual
5. Copies of the Test and Training Certificate must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 792-5099
The Radiation Safety Test is accessed through the last slide of the training course.