MUSC Radiation Safety Training for Nurses
The Radiation Safety Office Online Training Course for Nurses supplements the training nurses are required to receive from their supervisor. The training course is designed to provide basic radiation safety training to nurses that work in proximity to sources of ionizing radiation. The training includes general instruction on radiation protection principles, regulatory compliance, health effects, dosimetry, and patient care.
MUSC Radiation Safety Test for Nurses
The Radiation Safety Test for Nurses is a twenty question multiple-choice and true-false test designed to assess an individual's comprehension of the material presented in the online training course. The test is required to become a certified radiation worker and to be eligible to for a radiation dosimetry badge. The test is accessible through the last page of the training course.
To become certified you must:
1. Review the Online Training Course for Nurses
2. Satisfactorily complete the Radiation Safety Test for Nurses
3. Submit the completed test to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 792-5099
If you will be required have your occupational radiation dose monitored, please:
1. Complete a Dosimetry Badge Request and a Dosimetry Badge Agreement
2. Submit signed copies of the completed Radiation Safety Test for Nurses, Dosimetry Badge Request, and the Dosimetry Badge Agreement to email@example.com or fax to 792-5099
Please note that you must answer at least 75% of the test questions correctly to pass the Safety Test. The Radiation Safety Office will notify you if you will need to retake the test or if any of the required paperwork is incomplete.
The Radiation Safety Office will deliver the badge(s) to your assigned dosimetry badge coordinator.
All forms may also be submitted in person at the Radiation Safety Office, suite 301 Harborview Office Tower or at the Radiation Safety Office Workroom in room 276 West Hospital (down the hall from 2 West amphitheater)