Skip Navigation
  finance and administration
business services

Mail Service Center - Relocation Planner

What should you do about your mail service when your department moves to a new location.

What you must do

  • Notify the Mail Service Center by submitting an Address Change Request.
  • Notify your customers of your location change and give them your new mailing address.

What we will do

  • Upon recipt of the address change request, we will issue a new Mail Stop Code (if necessary).
  • Forward your old mail to the new address
  • Change your address in our system
  • Send you a confirmation of your new address

Other Things To Do When You Plan To Move:

  • Perform a site survey of your new space to determine how your furniture and equipment will fit. You can contact our Warehouse staff for a consultation.
  • Notify University Communications and submit the necessary requests to transfer telephone and computer services.
  • Notify a moving service as soon as possible prior to your move. If you utilize University Moving Services, complete a Moving Request form.
  • Notify your copier service supplier to arrange service location.  Having your service supplier move copier equipment will eliminate departmenal libility for damage to the machine.
  • Update your mailing addresst with University Purchaing and other vendor services such as Ground or Air deliveries companies.
information icon  some pages in this site utilize PDF files.  Click the information icon to download Adobe® Acrobat®.


© Medical University of South Carolina | Disclaimer | Suite 701 Harborview Tower, P.O. MSC 815, Charleston, South Carolina, 29425