This procedure explains how MUSC equipment is surplused and removed from a Department's inventory.General Guidelines
Equipment purchased through the University is the property of the state, federal government, or private grantor agency. As such, it cannot be sold, sent to surplus, or transferred from MUSC without the written approval of the appropriate federal sponsoring agency and/or the University, and State Surplus Property Officer.
All equipment sent to surplus must be emptied of all contents and be unlocked. If it is not unlocked or emptied, it cannot be accepted by the Surplus Operations Department.
- Asset number of equipment being sent to surplus
- Complete description of equipment
- Model number of asset
- Serial number of asset
- Manufacturer of equipment
- Biomed number (if equipment has one, number is assigned by Department of Biomedical Engineering)
- Unit number from old department
- Complete location (building number and room number) from old department
- Unit number for new department
- Complete location(building number and room number) from new department
- Condition: drop down button and chose one
- Activity: drop down button and choose go to Surplus
- Initiating Department: department representative name, e-mail, phone number, pager/cell number, site
- Site: drop down button and choose one
- Receiving Department: department representative name, e-mail phone number, pager/cell number, site
- Special instructions/notes to Asset Accounting and Surplus should be written in this space
- “Print Page” and then press "Submit" button and the request will be sent to the Surplus Operations Warehouse at Arco Lane
- Surplus Operations schedules pickup and moves equipment to warehouse for State pick up.
Property and Equipment Activity Form