Field Engineering Team
The Field Engineering Team is responsible for maintaining end-user devices on and off the MUSC campus network, with each of the Field Engineers having a specific geographic area for which he / she is responsible for the management and maintenance of the hardware, software and peripherals for their users.
Duties and Responsibilities
Field Engineering Support
- Independently manage, troubleshoot and perform break-fix repair for the hardware devices on assigned area including but not limited to: wired and wireless managed and non-managed PCs, thin client devices, local and network attached printers, scanners and other peripherals. Handheld Bluetooth medication administration barcode scanners. Mobile smartphone and in-room GetWell Network support.
- Troubleshoot and repair software and operating system issues
- Communicate and coordinate with other IT teams to resolve customer issues
- Train and mentor other technicians
- Maintain flexibility to "fill in" in other areas outside their own assignment as needed.
- Assist with the logistics and staffing of the Student Support Desk located in the library
- Perform support and installation of hardware for new facilities or hardware refreshes.
- Provide in-field assistance to other departments as needed.
- Provide advanced on campus Macintosh support. Have two Apple Certified Engineers on staff.
- Provide Remote Desktop support as second-level tier support prior to assigning support calls to the field engineers
Infrastructure Administration and Support
- Perform daily courier duties for the entire information services department
- Negotiate, maintain and manage MUSC campus wide software license agreements
- Provide in-depth knowledge support for IT purchases and maintain web page with OCIO hardware standards.
- Maintain asset inventory for devices using the managed desktop.